Wednesday, August 20, 2008

What's cooking?

Well, over the last few days, I find myself getting back to the groove! I haven't been cooking all that much for various reasons... but now I am back... :)

I tried 2 of the 3 neer dosai recipes - and both were really good :)... It was so nice to make and enjoy one of my favourite dishes. Apart from that I also made mysore bondas - once again a favourite. These items were on friday and saturday.

Then on monday I made a sauteed spinach & garlic rice which was delicious (so my husband said), tuesday it was channa masala & chhapathis, and today rice & methi dal... I have surprised myself.

Why am I posting about all these dishes, that too without the recipes, you wonder.. Wonder no more - recipes shall come over the next week or so... I need to make the same dishes again, make a note of the measurements & take pictures... I usually don't measure and cook - so this is also going to be a learning experience - and pray God that it is a 'fun' learning experience!!!

So, coming soon are these delicious dishes which can be cooked in under 45 mins - yes, that's right, including the preparation (not the soaking time) time! I shall check the time too when I make them next... :)

I have a few other recipes - I should call them ideas for dishes or dishy ideas - running around in my head.... Looks like I am going to be cooking up a storm!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

u sure hav a knack for exciting people's taste buds, & dragging them out of their couches to try out new recipes!
well done! keep it up!
Mangalore bajji is a fav of mine too,so had it last week at a restaurant in Malleswaram!
Hav an enjoyable weekend, & come bac with more "mouth-watering" recipes !