Thursday, September 4, 2008

Coconuts....

I decided to grate fresh coconut to make the kozhakattais. Little did I know what I was getting into!!! Bought this cute looking gizmo from the local indian store & spent the better part of an hour grating a single coconut!!!


Not that I haven't grated a coconut before. Many a time have I had that pleasure back home. But then it took only about 10-15 minutes. After I got married, our maid used to grate it.

Hmmm, but in all honesty, the problem wasn't with the device. It was the size of the coconut!!! I just couldn't hold it in one palm. This will work a lot better with an indian sized coconut.

Or maybe, just maybe, I was using it all wrong!!! Having lived a year in Japan, I now understand why P says if using a japanese device is difficult, you are probably using it wrong!!!

No comments: